Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's a Tiny Sketchbook, for Drawings of Tiny Things


One of my uncles gave me this sketchbook a few years ago -- I just measured the pages, and I found out they are three inches wide by three and three-quarter inches long. Very small!

I have adapted to this notebook's extreme smallness by deciding I'm only going to draw still lifes of very small objects in it.

So far, everything is proceeding according to plan!

I have two drawings done, and I think they turned out really well!

The top one is of a Christmas ornament, a shiny round ball with a sort of swirly design painted on it with glitter, and the bottom one is of a ring I have in the shape of a scarab beetle.

I really like the bottom one. I tried using primarily stippling to shade it, and I think that was the right choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Vered Seidmann and I am conducting a study on Autism and the Social Media. I am a PhD student at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information Studies (WKWSCI), in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. I study the voice and the presence of autism as reflected in social media. The direct voice of autistic people is under-explored and I find it extremely important to listen to the unique voice of autistic people. I was wondering if I can be in touch with you for more detailed explanation.
If you are willing, I would be very grateful to be in touch with you directly via e-mail and send you more detailed information. My e-mail address is:
vered001@e.ntu.edu.sg .

Thank you,
Vered Seidmann

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I know it has been a while since we traded comments on my own journal, but after I saw this entry, I was wondering/hoping if we could talk once more. I have some queries and ideas I would like to share with you.

Please get in touch.